This morning came way too early. Seriously, it’s one of those mornings where you pull on your sweatpants while still in bed. The perfect picture of laziness, right? Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I stayed up until nearly 1 a.m. last night knitting, which didn’t seem like a bad idea last night, but this morning I’m not so sure. The good news is…
I got the Malabrigo sweater done!
|Gratuitous and Unrelated to Anything|
Photo of Our Tree
Well, done knitting, anyway. I still have to find the perfect buttons and sew them on but then I’m really done. This sweater turned out really nice. I’ll have pictures to post after Christmas but until then you’ll just have to take my word for it. This is my second project using Malabrigo yarn. For this I used Worsted and the last time I used Rios. Both times, it was sheer delight to knit with the stuff. In fact, I’m pretty sure after I’m done with Christmas gifts (if that day does, in fact, arrive), I’m going to have to search for more things I can make with this yarn.
I made some progress also on my daughter’s project. I figure half a day today to finish that and I should be ready to cast on my next project. I’m still avoiding the Christmas blanket. It’s laying in a pile in the middle of my dining room table. Which reminds me, my house is a disaster. I’m thinking of applying for FEMA assistance. It’s not that it’s dirty, per se; it's just that I have knitting crap everywhere. Before we went on the "vacation that was not a vacation", I had this place looking pretty good. Not just dusted and swept and all but uncluttered and things put away. We’ve been back what, three weeks? It’s amazing what a mess can be created in that amount of time. The dining room table has seen the worst of it. The unruly pile o’stuff includes:
- The aforementioned Christmas blanket lying there in a pile
- An unfinished scarf I’ve toted around with me for almost 8 months and finally took it out of my project bag because I got tired of moving it while looking for something I needed
- A scarf I knit for my mom a while ago that I brought back from Ohio so I could add some tassles for her (forgot to take the yarn with me)
- Three finished Christmas projects (in the Bass bag - I have to keep them hidden, don't I?)
- An empty box in which to ship one of the three finished projects
- A roll of shipping tape to close the above box
- Some extra yarn
- Four Christmas stockings that have yet to be hung or filled
- The Christmas cards we’ve received to date that I haven’t hung up yet
- A picture of Grandma Eva that’s in a frame that needs some fixing
- A tube of “Liquid Nails” to fix said frame
- My purse
- Miscellaneous items such as four AA batteries, two screws, two twist ties, two old phone books
- One of The Husband’s metal detecting do-dads
I should clear it all up but hey, I’ve got knitting to do.
|The New Project Bag!|
I do hope to get my project bag straightened up today. You’ll remember that I have been using a beach bag that The Husband and I bought in
Cozumel on a cruise we took. It’s not really the ideal bag and I’ve had my
eye on a beautiful real, actual project bag at my LYS
for months. Well, on Tuesday night while
I was at knit night, The Husband bought it for me for Christmas. A miracle, since he wasn’t even there (wink, wink). Today I plan to make the move from the beach
bag and return it to its rightful place at the back of the closet, waiting for
next summer’s various trips to the beach.
Who am I kidding? It will be
filled with yarn in less than a month’s time…
*** *** ***