- It is Saturday and I have no headache. See my last post on why this is a big deal.
- There is actually some grass growing in the vast wasteland that is our un-sodded yard! See this post to see why this is a big deal. Here’s proof:
- I finished my Wyeth except for blocking which will happen as soon as my scented wool wash gets here. Pictures to come after said blocking.
- I also finished a pair of socks for my daughter. Pattern is Nutkin by Beth LaPensee, although I changed the cuff, the heel and the toe. So er…yeah. The yarn my daughter picked was Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in color Whiskey Barrel. Unlike the sweater that didn’t work out, I know she’ll actually be able to wear these.
|The other sock is still drying. Don't ask.
The pic is lousy too but I'm too lazy to retake one.
*See the opening paragraph.
- I’ll be starting another selfish knitting project today. More socks! I’m going to cast on a pair of Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes using some Knit Picks Stroll hand painted. I fell in love with the color Coffee Shop.
- On the non-selfish knitting front, someone in my family is getting something yummy made from a skein of Cascade Yarns Eco Duo, color Storm. Even though I’m not keeping this item, have you ever felt this yarn?? Seriously. I get happy just thinking about it’s awesome squishy-ness.
- Finally, later today I am planning to release my long-time-coming sock pattern! I actually took the day off work yesterday and spent a good deal of time working on the final editing and managed to get some decent photos of my test socks. Woo hoo!!